Friday 17 February 2012

Creating and outdoor walking!

So this week it was finally warm enough for our little walker to experience walking outside. Up until now it has been too cold and she has remained snuggled up with me in our fleecy sling in her thermal boots and lovely warm woollen all in one. Even in the coldest weather we managed without gloves and she was toasty and warm. When I put her on the ground while Natalie was playing tennis she looked a bit surprised but the look of absolute delight once she realised she could actually go where she wanted to was wonderful. The beginning of a new era....We had solar panels put on our roof at the end of last week and as usual the children used real life experiences as the basis of their play. So here is Lucas busy putting solar panels up. If I had known he could have done it, we could have saved quite a bit of cash. If anyone else needs any though....
This week both Natalie and Lucas have done a lot of creating, which results in a lot of clearing up for me. Especially with our little explorer getting into everything. I am not great at doing anything much other than giving them lots of materials and letting them get on with it so it amazes me often what they come up with. Below is Lucas picture of a snowman (including a really long willy). He is only 3 and apparently (according to my aunt who is an infant teacher) this kind of deliberate detail is unusual. He really does love to draw, though.
This is a picture that Natalie has drawn for her sponsor child who lives in Zambia. It was inspired by a picture we got sent by Eloise's little girl in India. What impressed me was that she not only did the picture but created her own envelope. Now we just need to send it!
The one thing that I finally managed to do (well I actually got the idea from a friend and raced her to it and got a man who does to do it!) is to put a large pin board in our kitchen. I really wanted somewhere where we can easily display our master pieces and I'm delighted with it. So are the children. The dog (whose basket is just below the pin board) is less sure due to the stray pins that end up in her bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment